We commonly hear that Global Warming is “junk science” and that all the claims have been discredited. If that is so, then it should be easy to address each of the basic ideas behind global warming. So, for Man-made Global Warming deniers, which of the following facts don’t you believe?
1. We are burning more and more coal, oil and natural gas. (Doubled since 1960.)
2. Burning oil, coal, and natural gas releases CO2. (Doubled since 1970)
3. The Oceans have a fixed volume of water and have a limited ability to absorb CO2.
4. Plants have a limited ability to absorb CO2 and with deforestation it is decreasing. (10-million hectares/year.)
5. The net amount of CO2 in the atmospher is increasing; by 23% since 1959 and by 49% since 1850. (1850 = 280PPM.)
6. The current CO2 level of 390 PPM is higher than any time in the last 400,000 years. (Previous peak from Antartice ice cores 300PPM)
7. The last time CO2 levels were has high as today was 2.1-million years ago. (Previous pre-industrial peaks were around 300PPM, 400,000 years ago).
8. CO2 blocks Infrared radiation centered around 1.4um and is thus a greenhouse gas.
9. The CO2 increase over the last 150 years is responsible for the earth retaining 1.4 watts per M^2.
10. Various cycles such as sun spot cycles, orbital cycles, etc. amount to no more that 0.4 watts per M^2.
11. Positive feedback mechanisms, methane release, less snow cover, increased water vapor increase the effects by 2 to 9 watts per M^2.
12. Control quesiton: the earth is more than 2-billion years old.